Camp cards have been gaining momentum and popularity with councils across the country. Over the past few years this new type of fundraising product sale has been utilized by a number of councils to raise money to support units, outdoor programs and council operations. The sale of cards starts in Feruary and ends in April.
The cards include discounts from various businesses represented in the local council territory and typically have one time use “break off” coupons along with multi-use offers.
The cards are most widely offered at the low price point of $5.00. Customers recoup their donation by using one of the two one-time coupons and enjoy multiple food, service and entertainment discounts throughout the year.
Features of a camp card sale typically include the following:
• The Scout earns 50% of their card sales!
They can use this for anything scout related including helping to pay for Pack camping retreats, day camp, summer camp, uniforms and/or books!
• Risk free for the Scouting unit by returning unused cards to the council
• Grocery or other major retail discounts make the cards easy to sell
• Customers receive high value
• Sale is sponsored by the council which allows the Scouts to wear their uniform